The only massive John Buckley has given us his recipe for scones. I’ll be making these very soon for sure!
- 450g of self raising flour
- 300ml of full fat milk (not skimmed crap)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Good pinch of salt
- 50g of caster sugar
- 50g of margarine
- 1 x punnet of fresh raspberries (no frozen ones, there’s too much moisture in them)
- 2 x small bags of Milk Bar discs or 1 x regular size Milky Bar
How do you get them made?
- Over to 220 degrees C
- Flour, salt and sugar all into a bowl, mix the dry ingredients together
- Rub in the margarine to the mixture, getting a very light kinda crumb going on. Make sure it’s well mixed
- Chop up the white chocolate, leaving some big and small bits and half the raspberries. Mix into the dry ingredients
- Measure out the milk, pop in the vanilla essence and mix together
- Poor about 270ml of the milk into the dry mixture, get it all together, check to see how wet the mixture is at the this point (raspberries may make it a bit wetter) add the rest of the milk if needs be.
- The mixture is supposed to be wet, so lots of floor on a board and work it together (not too hard), then roll out to about an inch in thickness
- Use a floured cutter or mug to cut your scones shapes (I like big ones!)
- Parchment/greaseproof paper on a baking tray, flour it, pop the scones on, bang in the oven for 15 to 20 mins until brown on top and solid at the bottom
- Cool on a wire rack, don’t eat straight away even though they smell amazing, they’re still cooking away when you take them out of the oven. Leave for about 30 mins, get a shed load of butter and jam and get in your face
There ya go!!! “